- Approximate height: 30cm (12 inches)
- Recommended water depth over crown of plant: 10cm (4 inches)
- Flowering time: Late April to May
- Flower colour: Yellow and white
- Supplied in the 9cm pot we grow them in - for best results we recommend potting on using a 2 litre pot
And now for something unique and rather special. We selected this stunning bright-red stemmed Orontium from a large batch of seedlings some years ago. After a period of testing this has proven to be a stable colouration, something we have never seen before! The leaves are also quite unusual for an Orontium, being a much stronger shade of green, and thus contrasting beautifully with the stems. In addition, the plant keeps more of its leaves throughout the winter than the standard Orontium aquaticum. The best colouration is achieved in full sun, and planting in shallow water shows the colours off to best effect. As with the ordinary Orontium aquaticum, the plant is clump-forming and very slow growing.
If designing a planting scheme, we recommend approximately 2 Orontium aquaticum plants per square foot of ground, or 1 plant per linear foot of pond edge. Read more on how to pot and care for your plant.