- Approximate height: Foliage: 60cm (24 inches) Poker: 75cm (30 inches)
- Recommended water depth over crown of plant: 0 - 10cm (0 - 4 inches)
- Flowering time: July - August
- Flower colour: Brown seed heads
- Supplied in the 8cm pot we grow them in - for best results we recommend potting on using a 1 litre pot
This is the smallest species of Typha. Typha are often known as "bulrushes", although botanically speaking they are not bulrushes, and should actually be called "reedmace". While most species are large plants, Typha minima is the baby of the family, and thus ideally suited to the average garden pond. It has slender, grass-like, green stems and lovely little round brown pokers in summer.
Read more here on how to pot and care for your plant.