- Approximate height: 100cm (39 inches)
- Recommended water depth over crown of plant: 0 - 15cm (0 - 6 inches)
- Flowering time: July onwards
- Flower colour: Brown seed heads
- Supplied in the 9cm pot we grow them in - for best results we recommend potting on using a 2 - 3 litre pot
A British native species which is a really impressive plant, with very tall, strong, slender, arching foliage and attractive brown seed heads in late summer. It is an easy plant to grow and good for making an impact, but spreads by woody underground stems which are difficult to pull up. For this reason it is probably best contained in a pot and not planted out into the ground.
If designing a planting scheme, we recommend approximately 1 Cyperus longus plant per square foot of ground, or 1 plant per linear foot of pond edge. Read more here on how to pot and care for your plant.