- Approximate height: 60cm (24 inches)
- Recommended water depth over crown of plant: 0 - 10cm (0 - 4 inches)
- Flowering time: May to June
- Flower colour: Blue/Violet
- Supplied in the 11cm (1 litre) pot we grow them in - for best results we recommend potting on using a 2 - 4 litre pot
We obtained this iris from the United States some years ago, under the appealing name Iris laevigata 'Queen of Violets', a name not known in the UK. Having grown it for some time, we think 'Queen of Violets' is actually an American name for Iris laevigata 'Weymouth Midnight', a variety first bred in Dorset in the 1980s, since the blooms appear identical. Either way it is a beautiful iris, and very hard to obtain now, under either name.