- Approximate height: 30 - 50cm (12 - 20 inches)
- Recommended water depth over crown of the plant: 0 - 8cm (0 - 3 inches)
- Flowering time: June - August
- Flower colour: Brown seed head
- Supplied in the 9cm pot we grow them in - for best results we recommend potting on using a 1 - 2 litre pot
This plant is a spiral form of the soft rush, with slightly glossy, evergreen stems that grow in coils rather than straight. Rather charmingly, even on the same plant, different stems have different degrees of spiral, ranging from a tight corkscrew to a loose wave. Quirky and easy to grow, the plant is also clump-forming rather than running, and one of the few evergreen pond plants. It's even sometimes grown as a houseplant. It produces brown seed heads in summer on the sides of the stems below the tips; these are not unattractive but are fairly insignificant. For the best appearance cut out dead stems as needed.