Formerly known as Cyperus alternifolia.
- Approximate height: 75 - 90cm (30 - 36 inches)
- Recommended water depth over crown of plant: 10 - 15cm (4 - 6 inches)
- Flowering time: July onwards
- Flower colour: Green seed heads, which turn brown as they mature
- Supplied in the 9cm pot we grow them in - for best results we recommend potting on using a 1 - 2 litre pot
This excellent specimen plant will grace any pond with its tall, sturdy stems crowned with attractive sprays of umbrella-like leaves and delicate feathery seeds. It is by far the most ornamental member of the Cyperus family, and is evergreen until the first frosts come. It has an exotic or foreign look - it is a relative of the Papyrus grass - and this makes a useful contrast with other pond plants and lifts the look of the pond. It is very slightly frost tender so the crown of the plant should remain below the water during winter to protect it from ice damage. Hence we have recommended a planting depth of 4 - 6 inches. In frost-free areas it can be planted as shallow as you wish.
Read more here on how to pot and care for your plant.