Formerly known as Cyperus alternifolia.
- Approximate height: 75 - 90cm (30 - 36 inches)
- Recommended water depth over crown of plant: 10 - 15cm (4 - 6 inches)
- Flowering time: July onwards
- Flower colour: Green seed heads, which turn brown as they mature
- Supplied in the 7cm pot and light soil we grow them in - we recommend potting on using a 1 litre pot and aquatic soil.
This excellent specimen plant will grace any pond with its tall, sturdy stems crowned with attractive sprays of umbrella-like leaves and delicate feathery seeds. It is by far the most ornamental member of the Cyperus family. It is very slightly tender so the crown of the plant should remain below the water line during winter to protect it from ice damage.
Read more here on how to pot and care for your plant.