- Approximate height: 60cm (24 inches)
- Recommended water depth over crown of plant: 0 - 10cm (0 - 4 inches)
- Flowering time: May to June
- Flower colour: Orange-red
- Supplied in the 9cm pot we grow them in - for best results we recommend potting on using a 2 - 4 litre pot
This little-known North American species deserves more attention among UK gardeners. Awarded an AGM (Award of Garden Merit) by the Royal Horticultural Society, it has wonderfully-unusual copper-red blooms in May/June, which introduce a completely new colour into the water garden. It is easy to grow, not fussy about soil, and not too tall, but has a less compact growth habit than the other iris types, with more widely-spaced shoots, more slender, arching foliage, and many flowers on each stem.
If designing a planting scheme, we recommend approximately 2 Iris fulva plants per square foot of ground or 1 plant per linear foot of pond edge. Read more here on how to pot and care for your plant.