- Approximate height: 60cm (24 inches)
- Recommended water depth over crown of plant: 0 - 10cm (0 - 4 inches)
- Flowering time: May to June
- Flower colour: Orange-red
- Supplied in the 9cm pot and light soil we grow them in - we recommend potting on using a 2 - 3 litre pot and aquatic soil
This little-known North American species deserves more attention among UK gardeners. Awarded an AGM (Award of Garden Merit) by the Royal Horticultural Society, it has slender, arching foliage and wonderfully-unusual copper-red blooms in May/June, which introduce a completely new colour into the water garden. Plant in full sun for the greatest number of flowers.
We recommend starting your Iris fulva off in a pot of 2 - 4 litres capacity. Read more here on how to pot and care for your plant.