- Approximate height: 80cm (30 inches)
- Recommended water depth over crown of plant: 0 - 15cm (0 - 6 inches)
- Flowering time: May to June
- Flower colour: Purple, yellow, and cream.
- Supplied in the 1 litre pot we grow them in - for best results we recommend potting on using a 3 - 4 litre pot
This iris is a beautiful cross between the American blue flag iris (Iris versicolor) and the native British yellow flag iris (Iris pseudacorus). The falls (outer petals) are purple with yellow signals and delicate veining, while the standards and styles (inner petals) are purple and cream. Like both its parents, this is an easy iris to grow.
Please note that all irises may cause skin irritation and are somewhat poisonous if eaten.
If designing a planting scheme, we recommend approximately 1 Iris 'Regal Surprise' plant per square foot of ground or per linear foot of pond edge. Read more here on how to pot and care for your plant.