- Approximate height: 30cm (12 inches)
- Recommended water depth over crown of plant: 0 - 10cm (0 - 4 inches)
- Flowering time: June to August
- Flower colour: Brown seed heads
- Supplied in the 8cm pot we grow them in - for best results we recommend potting on using a 1 litre pot
This is an attractive little rush with slender foliage rather like that of a miniature iris. Brown globular seed heads are produced in summer (which have sometimes been compared to tiny hedgehogs, hence the name!). Easy to grow and excellent for the smaller pond.
If designing a planting scheme, we recommend approximately 4 Juncus ensifolius plants per square foot of ground, or 2 plants per linear foot of pond edge. Read more here on how to pot and care for your plant.