- Approximate height: 30cm (12 inches)
- Recommended water depth over crown of plant: 10 - 30cm (4 - 12 inches)
- Flowering time: Late April to May
- Flower colour: Yellow and white
- Supplied in the 8cm pot we grow them in - for best results we recommend potting on using a 2 litre pot
This is an unusual deep-water aquatic which forms a large clump of blue-green pointed leaves on or just above the water surface. In late spring/early summer it produces unusual white poker-like flowers tipped with bright yellow, which stand proud of the water. It is clump-forming and extremely slow-growing, so good if you are concerned about plants spreading.
If designing a planting scheme, we recommend approximately 2 Orontium aquaticum plants per square foot of ground, or 1 plant per linear foot of pond edge. Read more here on how to pot and care for your plant.